What Test subject Drink and eat:
Off lets begin off with exactly what you must never ever feed you guinea pig:
– Potatoes and potato skins
– Iceberg lettuce (most various other lettuce is fine).
Delicious chocolate and also potato skins and potatoes have been recognized to kill or make Test subject sick. The other things is really harmful. If you are not sure about a food thing you are visiting feed you test subject then do not feed them it up until you have actually investigated additionally.
Now exactly what too feed your guinea pig: Test subject require a great deal of fiber as well as vitamin C (because just like human beings they could not produce vitamin C and should do bowl motions.
– Guinea pigs need and also love hay, do to the fact that it provides a good source of fibre as well as test subject need lots of fiber.
– Hay – the best sort of hay for your Guinea pig is Timothy hay unless they are really young under 4 months, expectant or nursing plants then use alfalfa based hay. You must see to it there is always hay in the cage for your Guinea pig (it is ideal if it is not touching the ground so it dose not get infected).
– Pellet food – one crucial acts here is that you never ever feed concept other sort of pellet food after that test subject food, do also the fact that guinea pig food includes vitamin C as well as others are not as healthy for them. Make certain you get a great brand of food because that is among the main points guinea pigs eat, as in hay provide them as long as they need usually a tiny handful each piggy, yet if there is a whole lot left over the next day after that add less in the early mornings, also if the dish is constantly empty the next day then add even more.
– Water – crucial see to it that there sippy container always has a lot of fresh great water in it.
– Veggies and also fruits – if your guinea pig dose not obtain sufficient of these after that it will not have enough vitamin C in its system witch might cause scurvy. The majority of vegetables are good for your test subject( s) except naturally the ones I pointed out earlier (once more naturally if you are not exactly sure of something you are intending pm feeding your test subject look it up) some of the most effective fruits and veggies are: apples, carrots, pear, and the majority of lettuces (never iceberg), there are a lot more that agree with. Some guinea pigs can be very picky about what they consume so ensure you introduce what you wish to feed to them when they are still young.
Guinea pig cages must not be looked at as a cage, they should be looked at as a residence, since unlike pet cages were you place your dog when it sleeps or when you are out the guinea porker invests many of the time in its cage. The cage should be at the very least 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet for one pig and also for each added porker you must as at the very least 2 ft by 2ft of cage dimension yet bigger wont hurt.
Is right stuff that goes on all-time low of the cage, you ought to get a high quality bedding like if not using this then make sure you are utilizing one that isn’t really to strong scenting. DO NOT USAGE CEDAR WOODCHIPS; Test subject dislike them so they could cause health problems. The Bed linen should not have to be a lot more then 2cm thick, if you see all-time low of the cage after your pig has been going through it then add a lot more after the following cleansing.
You ought to cleanse the cage regarding when a week, that consists of eliminating the guinea pig( s) placing it or them in a risk-free setting for the time being, after that remove the bed linen as well as anything else laundry the cage itself your house or houses sanitize the canteen and also food bowls completely dry every little thing, after that placed fresh bedding in then the cage then the food and attach the canteen as well as lastly the test subject( s) need to just take 10-20 minutes.
When you are removing the guinea porker from its cage be certain not to stun it since it will run away and also hide. When holding the guinea pig be sure not to press him be gentle and also safe.
Test subject like all animals need exercise, you could help them to obtain exercise bye giving them a larger cage or having a huge encased location for them to playing around and play well you view, they are typically a lot more energetic when satisfied or in pairs.
Cleansing & Caring:.
Test subject need there nails cut as well as fur cleaned, cutting there nails can be extremely tough so make certain to have somebody program or tell you the best ways to do it prior to doing it yourself due to the fact that you could hurt them if you do it incorrect. If your test subject is foul-smelling or oily you can bath him bye filling out your sink with water, make sure his face stays completely dry. if you are making use of shampoo see to it to get it from a veterinarian, if so then make sure to rinse it all out bye taking soap complimentary water and poring it carefully on your guinea pig. Use a towel to completely dry him be quite mild to not hurt your piggy, never ever utilize a strike dryer since the warm can harm test subject.
Guinea pig cages should not be looked at as a cage, they should be looked at as a home, because unlike dog cages were you put your dog when it sleeps or when you are out the guinea pig spends most of the time in its cage. So the cage should be at least 2.5 ft by 2.5 ft for one pig and for each additional pig you should as at least 2 ft by 2ft of cage size but bigger wont hurt. The walls should be at least 1 foot high. because guinea pigs natural habit when they are scared or startled is to run to shelter you should have a house in your guinea pig cage about twice the size of the pig and with an opening it can just fit in, you need one house per pig.
Is the stuff that goes on the bottom of the cage, you should get a quality bedding like if not using this then make sure you are using one that isn’t to strong smelling. DO NOT USE CEDAR WOODCHIPS; Guinea pigs are allergic to them so they can cause health problems. The Bedding shouldn’t have to be more then 2cm thick, if you see the bottom of the cage after your pig has been running through it then add more after the next cleaning.
You should clean the cage about once a week, that includes removing the guinea pig(s) putting it or them in a safe environment for the time being, then remove the bedding and anything else wash the cage itself the house or houses sterilize the water bottle and food bowls dry everything, then put fresh bedding in then the cage then the food and attach the water bottle and finally the guinea pig(s) should only take 10-20 minutes.
When you are removing the guinea pig from its cage be sure not to startle it because it will run away and hide. When picking up place one hand under its ribcage area and the other on its bottom, pick up slowly. Do not place your guinea pig on any high places that it can fall off or hurt its self. When holding the guinea pig be sure not to squeeze him be gentle and safe. Your guinea pig may be afraid of humans at first but if you are careful with him it wont be long till he/she will love to be picked up.
Guinea pigs like all animals need exercise, you can help them to get exercise bye giving them a larger cage or having a large enclosed area for them to run around and play well you watch, they are usually more active when happy or in pairs.
Cleaning & Caring:
Guinea pigs need there nails trimmed and fur brushed, trimming there nails can be very difficult so make sure to have someone show or tell you how to do it before doing it yourself because you can hurt them if you do it wrong. If your guinea pig is smelly or greasy you can bath him bye filling up your sink with water, make sure his face stays dry. if you are using shampoo make sure to get it from a vet, if so then make sure to rinse it all out bye taking soap free water and poring it gently on your guinea pig. Use a towel to dry him be very gentle to not hurt your piggy, never use a blow dryer because the heat can hurt guinea pigs.